Disclaimer: This review is made to present an opportunity that won’t be available past the 18th of November. That being said, it won’t be rich information-wise. After all, it’s based on ~15 hours of gameplay.
Destiny 2 is an online multiplayer first-person shooter game developed by “Bungie” and developed by the very famous company “Activision”. It was first released on “Xbox One” and “PlayStation 4”, followed by a “Windows” release. Its last expansion “Forsaken” was lately released after a few others. The game is buy-to-play for 80$. The question is: Why would I review a game which is not free? The answer is simple. Currently, it is free which explains the window of opportunity I stated in the disclaimer.
As it celebrates its first-year anniversary, Activision partnered up with the “Blizzard Inc”; This company is famous for releasing: World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm. You can claim the game as a gift on the battle.net website via this link. Although, you won’t get access to the latest expansion. Instead, you get to play a campaign which is said to be around 8 hours of gameplay which leads to level 20 (The level cap is now 50. So far I am not sure about how the game progresses post level 20). Also, you get access to the PVP content which seems promising as well as raids and strikes (PVE content). After all, this is a bet made by Activision to work on the game’s player base. You get access to the expansion and the rest of the content for 40$ (let’s be real most of us can’t do that *sad face*).
My impressions of the game so far:
- The story is tough to understand which seems to be the cause of not playing the first Destiny game. It is built on the previous release’s story. What I managed to understand so far is:
- You are a guardian protecting the last city on earth thanks to your “light” (which is your source of power or something of the sort). The Cabal led by the warlord “Dominus Ghaul” destroy the Last City on earth and strip the guardians of their light. After a while of fleeing the last city. Your “light” finds its way back to you. Your mission is to reclaim the Last city and fight against different species which are the following; Titans, Fallen, Taken.
- There are three classes that you can play: Hunter, Warlock, Titans (so far, I only explored the hunter class and two of its sub-classes.)
- Each class has 3 subclasses: You start with one as you regain your light and eventually unlock the rest of the others.
- The gameplay: It’s phenomenal; The difficulty progression is quite challenging which ensures that you won’t get bored while leveling up. The game delivers triple-A first-person shooting gameplay. Also, each weapon comes with a different play style that you must choose carefully; Each type of map/mission to play has a certain play style required that will help you go through it.
- The graphics: The graphics are simply mesmerizing. The maps are well made. The same can be said for the textures and the effect.
Should you get the game? Definitely! It’s free. At the very least, create an account and save the game. After hearing other players who joined via this part although, I can’t help but feel a bit worried about the current number of players. It’s not really that high. But who knows, there is still time to know if Activision’s bet will work or not.
My ratings so far:
Share your thoughts
Zodiac Signs | عقرب ولا تقرب
قالو عليه مغرور و مسمام
بيرو غارق ما يعطيكش سرو حتى كان تعاشرو أعوام
غلطوكم هاللي قالو لكم هالكلام
قاللوكم عقرب و لا تقرب
قاللوكم فمو ساكت و هو في الدنيا يخرب
قاللوكم كان تعاشرو من دمك يشرب .
كذبو عليكم و زادو ربي يهلك حسادو
ياللي ما تعرف الحقيقة ايجا نحكيلك أخبارو
كان العقرب حبك عمرو ما يكويك بنارو
سعدك ياللي تخليه يحبك و بحضورك تشغلو أفكارو
امشي معاه بالنية يعليك و يعطيک مالعز كارو
« العين بالعين و السن بالسن » هاذاكا هو شعارو
بحنيتو يطيبلك جروحك
يا ويلك كان تنوي الغدرة يعاديك و يقبضلك روحك
في أمرو تعجبو و احتارو
و على حقيقتو لفو و دارو
و لاموه اللي منو غارو
يا عقرب راك سيد العشاق و عدوك من نارك ذاق
صاحبك اللي بقيمتك فاق و عدوك رحمتك اشتاق
خرافتنا اليوم كانت على سلطان أبراج الماء
تسمع اسمو قلبك يرعش و تقول سبحانو اللي خلقنا طبايع كيفما شاء